Ferry Farm Plantation House

Virginia Beach, VA
Old Princess Anne County

 The structure that is currently called the Ferry Farm Plantation House  was built in 1830 to replace the 18th Century William Walke House that was destroyed by fire.  The Ferry Farm location is one of great importance in the early history of Princess Anne County.  It was the location of the 3rd Courthouse (1735 - 1751) and is purported to have hosted the Witch Trial of Grace Sherwood.  The house sits near the Lynnhaven River, just off Cheswick Lane, in the midst of a heavily developed residential area off Independence Boulevard.  Photographed May 14, 2004.



02/11/2007 09:14:09 PM